Image source: http://cdn2.macworld.co.uk/cmsdata/features/3502115/iPhone-5s-camera.jpg
This article has been presented courtesy of Andy Nickerson. Andy is a Northampton commercial photographer with over 14 years feel in operating for design and promotion experts. Visit http://www.bramptonvalleyphotography.co.united kingdom/approximately.htm for additional know-how.
I've been privileged sufficient to shoot for customers that experience required billboard posters and exhibited in galleries with sizable prints all while shooting under the acute gaze of higher London paintings directors. Since taking a step again from the promotion world but still continuing to photograph in a commercial environment whereby expectations are high I have seldom shot no matter what else that the client expected to be printed bigger than A4. As a matter of truth after assessing last years commissions I can quit that no less than 75% of this commercial work will ever go close a printing press, in its role they will proceed to be firmly in the virtual world such as a clients internet web page or email promotion and marketing campaign!
After shooting on practically every style and length of camera format over time from a customary 35mm negative to an exquisite 10x8 transparency I now decide on to shoot on a paltry 12 mega pixel DSLR, till for sure when the activity wishes a extremely bigger file length. Guess what? I've in no way had any topics or concerns concerning the photograph quality! What I ought to do is use all my know-how and figuring out obtained from years of photographic tuition and work feel mixed with the special 'eye' I've cultivated consequently, to capture records that are of a commercially appealing quality. The message I'm hoping to hammer home is that these pictures would be no better
Thursday wasn't a high-quality day for me. It kicked off with a terrible dose of man flue and in overview am surprised I managed to endure at all. The morning did now not get that an lousy lot better as I then spent what felt like an eternity riding round Northampton General Hospital desperately struggling to park so that my son would smartly smartly flip up at his hearing test consultation on time. With these and many more mild irritants in the back of me I was no less than craving for one component of my day, touring my regional schools photography course open day, more explicitly I'd been guaranteed a hands on demonstration by Hasselblad's enviornment earnings team of their current drool inducing electronic camera line up, the H4D sequence.
I constantly peruse through my trade periodicals and indeed fantasize over owning the newest and greatest camera gadget, but I attempt to vanquish the desire to upgrade purely on the notion of procuring greater picture quality. Image quality is now not governed by pixel count wide variety or more extremely file length, that is a truth. There are infinite challenges affecting the excellence of the eventual photograph now not least the precise talent of the guy squeezing the shutter. Think concerning the pictures that experience optimal sparked you or made you go wow and I can warranty you that many of those pictures had been now not captured on cameras of any better physical quality than even a modest cutting-edge day electronic camera.
This isn't as an attack on anybody exclusive person camera manufacturer, no less than Hasselblad point their cameras at high conclusion experts whom would smartly smartly no less than now and as soon as again utilise all those 60 megapixels on a billboard poster or something as similarly honestly extensive, all camera manufacturers are at it! When did you last shoot a forty eight or 96 sheet poster? When did you last do a print bigger than say A4? In truth when did you last do a print at all?
Well I'll overtly accept what a sudden piece of machinery this camera is, as with every outdated Hasselbads (I've been fortunate sufficient to own several) the build quality and ergonomics are just remarkable, a bench mark for all different corporations to persist with etc etc etc... but this isn't a overview article. What has been demanding me and by all cash owed many different photographers, judging by the ones I met the different night, is this seen mega pixel mania. This insane and down correct inaccurate obsession with the pixel count wide variety as a degree of the quality of a camera and accordingly the photographer.